Are you feeling a little full and bloated from all that Thanksgiving food? I know I am! This Asian Brussels Sprout Salad with Grilled Salmon is a quick and healthy light meal to start your week out on the right foot. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
Usually I make this type of salad with cabbage since it’s really like a slaw salad but heck, aren’t brussels sprouts like little cabbages anyways? I usually roast my brussels sprouts but this time I wanted to try a raw version to see how I liked it. You know what? I loved it!
I suppose you could make a dressing from scratch for this salad, but I LOVE Newman’s Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing and it was perfect on this. Why make things complicated when it can be so easy? Then just shred the sprouts (some stores have bags of shredded brussels sprouts), slice some green onions, a little red bell pepper for color, toss in some chopped peanuts, top with a piece of grilled salmon and your good to go.
A quick and healthy lunch or dinner you’ll feel good about eating doesn’t have to take time when you’re making this Asian Brussels Sprout Salad with Grilled Salmon!
- 1 salmon fillet, grilled
- 1-2 C. shaved brussels sprouts
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ C. julienned carrots
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Optional: handfull chopped mint or cilantro
- Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette to taste
- ¼ C. chopped peanuts
- Grill salmon and set aside
- Combine salad ingredients in bowl. Toss with vinaigrette to your taste preferences. Top with chopped peanuts and salmon fillet.
- Note: Try adding some sliced sugar snap peas or water chestnuts for more crunch. Yesterday I saw a bag in the store of shaved brussels sprouts with chopped kale…that would be awesome in this too! The possibilities are endless!