Asian Grilled Chicken
- Chicken, thighs, breasts or whole cut up chicken
For the Marinade
- 1/4 C. dry sherry (or Chinese rice wine)
- 1/4 C. oyster sauce
- 1/4 C. honey (or agave)
- 2 Tbls. Asian chile garlic sauce
- 2 limes, zest one lime and juice both
- 1/4 C. chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine marinade ingredients in bowl. Marinate chicken for at least a half hour, up to several hours.
- Heat grill pan. I set mine on a pretty high heat and oil my grill pan to help the chicken from sticking. Also, don’t forget to turn on your stove’s exhaust fan.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard leftover marinade (you can baste the chicken with the leftover marinade as it cooks if you want but probably easier and a little less messy on an outside grill). Place chicken pieces on grill pan and cook until chicken is cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on size and type of chicken pieces being used. My chicken thighs took about 10-12 minutes to cook.