Beer Battered Zucchini Bites
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- Oil for frying
For the batter:
- 1/2 bottle of Mexican beer (about 1 cup)
- 1C. rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. each: paprika, cayenne, chile powder, chipotle powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper
- Mix together the beer, rice flour and spices.
- Slice zucchini into discs, about 1/4 inch thick. Pat zucchini dry with paper towels. Alternatively, you can dredge them in some all purpose flour and shake off excess. It helps the batter to stick to the zucchini pieces and not slide off.
- Fill a heavy bottomed skillet with about 3 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees. Coat each zucchini piece in batter and drop a few at a time in the oil and deep fry, flipping once, until golden browned. This just takes a couple minutes. Remove zucchini and let drain on paper towels. Repeat until all your zucchini is cooked.
- To serve, place zucchini bites on platter, add a dollop of sour cream and pico de gallo.
- (this fish taco recipe includes a sour cream sauce and pico de gallo recipe you can make, or just use store bought)