I’m so excited…I think I’ve discovered my most favorite way to fix brussels sprouts! I’m even convinced if you’re a brussels sprouts hater, you’ll probably like this recipe for Brussels Sprouts & Broccoli with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette and BACON! It’s that good and I am certain I will be making this over and over again!!!
Brussels sprouts and broccoli florets are roasted in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. It’s that easy. But what really sets this dish over the top is the fantastic maple dijon vinaigrette. I recently discovered this recipe from The Perfect Pantry and immediately I knew I had to try it.
I made a minor change to the recipe by using white balsamic vinegar and added some whole grain mustard as well. But I didn’t stop there. I thought bacon would be a nice addition to this dish. I mean really, who doesn’t love bacon? And let me tell you, it was great! You could use just brussels sprouts and no broccoli, or just broccoli and no sprouts. My mom said she made it and added cubed sweet potatoes with the brussels sprouts and broccoli. Now that was a brilliant idea! So I’m thinking this is one of those whatever you like kind of vegetable dish, because I’ll say it again…it’s all about the vinaigrette! I even used this vinaigrette on green beans the next night and loved it on them too!
I made this dish for a Thanksgiving pot luck and it was gone in a snap. I guess that means it was a hit. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much and I do!
- 1 16 oz. bag brussels sprouts
- 1 14 oz. bag broccoli florets (or use a head of broccoli and cut into florets)
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbls. real maple syrup
- 2 Tbls. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbls. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbls. white balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim ends off brussels sprouts and slice sprouts in half. Combine sprouts and broccoli florets in bowl. Toss with olive oil to lightly coat vegetable (about 3 tablespoons). Transfer vegetables to large roasting pan (or rimmed cookie sheet) and spread out to single layer. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes (toss vegetables half way through).
- Meanwhile, cook diced bacon, drain fat and set aside.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in small jar with lid, shake well to combine.
- To serve, toss vegetables with some vinaigrette (you won't need it all, just use as much as you like) and diced bacon.