Chipotle Shrimp Pasta Salad makes a perfect warm weather meal. Loaded with yummy shrimp, black beans, grilled corn, juicy mango, avocado and pretty much whatever you like… all topped with a delicious Chipotle Honey Lime dressing!
One of my favorite pot luck recipes that I posted early on this blog is a shrimp, mango, black bean salad and it’s always a hit. This Chipotle Shrimp Pasta Salad recipe is a variation of that salad, with a little more punch, a different dressing and much prettier!
You have a couple of options to serve this pasta salad. Toss it all together in one large bowl prior to serving as you would for a typical pasta salad, or have all the ingredients prepped and ready separately, then add what you like and make individual pasta salad “bowls”. Meals in a bowl seem to be all the rage currently! There’s so many opportunities with this chipotle shrimp pasta salad to customize it the way you. In my opinion that’s the best way to work with recipes! I’ve listed the ingredients I used today, but there’s many more options. You could even layer this salad on a bed of spinach or arugula – that would be excellent!
- 1 lb. pasta
- ½ lb.Shrimp
- 1 ear Corn*
- 1 C. Mango, diced (I used frozen, thawed)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ C. crumbled queso fresco
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 C. Chipotle Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to a large bowl. Add chipotle vinaigrette to warm pasta, toss to combine and set aside.
- Toss shrimp with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and chipotle Chile powder. Roast in 425 degree oven until cooked and pink (don't over cook). Remove from oven and let cool, then add to pasta. Alternatively, you can grill the shrimp on the BBQ if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Adjust wetness of pasta salad by adding more vinaigrette.