This Mexican Mule puts a little spicy, herbal spin on the ever popular Moscow Mule. It provides a some heat from jalapeño and earthiness from cilantro, all balanced out with a bit of orange liqueur and ginger liqueur. If you love mule cocktails you’re gonna love this one!
I tasted this Mexican Mule for the first time at a Ketel One tasting demonstration at a local farmer’s market recently and absolutely fell in love with it. My friend and I immediately went home and fixed up a batch to try it out on our own. While I do love the traditional Moscow Mule with vodka, ginger beer and lime, every now and then I like to shake it up with different flavors like one of my favorites, a Watermelon Mule I made last summer. This spicier version was fantastic!
Typically, Mule cocktails are served in a copper mug. Not only are they pretty, but they keep the drink really cold. No worries if you don’t have a copper mug, just use a rocks glass. I only have one mug so any others I make have to be in a glass!
You can muddle the cilantro and jalapeño in the mug or glass but I prefer to muddle my ingredients in a cocktail shaker. I’m not a huge fan of too much “salad” in my drinks so straining the cocktail from the shaker to the glass works for me. If you want to really make sure there’s no bits and pieces in your drink, just double strain – pour from the shaker onto another fine mesh strainer and into the glass.Print
- 1.5 oz. Ketel One Vodka (or your favorite vodka)
- .5 oz. orange liqueur (I used Cointreau)
- .5 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice (or lemon, both are good)
- .5 oz. ginger liqueur (I used Domaine de Canton)
- 3 oz. ginger beer(I used Barritts)
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 seedless slice of jalapeño
- Muddle cilantro and jalapeño in cocktail shaker. I like to use a little crushed ice when I muddle.
- Add vodka, orange liqueur, ginger liqueur, lemon juice and some ice. Shake well.
- Strain into a copper mug or rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
Original recipe from Ketel One
I’m linking this recipe up with Tipsy Tuesday @ GreyIstheNewBlack
Like this recipe? Pin it for later: