Forget the margarita mixes, here’s a recipe for My Favorite Margarita. I’ve been drinking these margaritas a lot lately, they taste so fresh and less acidic than margaritas made with margarita mix. I tend to like my cocktails a bit sweeter so I add agave syrup. If you like your cocktail a bit sweeter add a squirt, if not leave it out. Up to you!
My Favorite Margarita
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 shots tequila
- 1 shot triple sec
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clementine or mandarin orange, juiced (can use regular orange if desired)
- 1 Tbls. agave syrup (to taste)
- Tajin seasoning for rimming the glass
- If desired, rub a cut lime around the rim of a glass, then dip in Tajin seasoning.
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine tequila and triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, and agave syrup.
- Shake well, pour into a glass and enjoy!