I think I’ll start off this week’s Thanksgiving Favorites with these totally awesome Pecan Bars with Chocolate & Bourbon. For most of us, there’s as many pies on the table as side dishes at Thanksgiving and if you’re anything like me you want to try them all! That’s where these Pecan Bars come in handy. You can cut them into smaller sizes if desired so you get just a taste and save room for all the other yummy desserts too. Or, if you’re like me you’ll just keep eating these!
At Thanksgiving I’m all about easy recipes, especially if I’m making the entire meal. So for these Pecan Bars I’ve just dolled up a box of Krusteaz Pecan Bars and they’re every bit just as good, if not better, than made from scratch. I added some extra chopped pecans to the crust mixture as well as more pecans on top. And since I love chocolate pecan pie I added some chocolate chunks too. But why stop there? I threw in a bit of bourbon just for good measure!
I know you’re going to love these Pecan Bars with Chocolate & Bourbon just as much as I do so give them a try.
- 1 box Krusteaz Pecan Bars mix
- ½ stick butter, softened
- ½ C. finely chopped pecans
- ½ C. pecan pieces
- ½ C. chocolate chunks
- 2 Tbls. bourbon
- ½ C. less 2 Tbls. water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine the pouch of crust mix from the box with softened butter and ½ c. finely chopped pecans. Use a pastry blender or fork to combine until mixture is crumbly. Spread in prepared pan and press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Sprinkle over crust the packet of pecans from the mix, plus an additional ½ C. pecans and the chocolate chunks.
- In small bowl, combine pouch of filling mix from the box with egg, bourbon and water. Whisk to mix well and immediately pour over crust/pecan/chocolate.
- Bake additional 28 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.