Yummy Pesto Flatbreads with Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms & Artichokes use Naan bread for a quick shortcut. Top the Naan with with pesto, burrata (or mozzarella), asparagus, shiitake mushrooms or artichoke hearts (or all three).
The slightly tangy Meyer Lemon Pesto is a nice compliment to the asparagus, mushrooms and artichokes. However, if you’d like a more traditional pesto sauce I can’t recommend enough my favorite pesto recipe of all time. You can find that recipe here. I used individual Naan bread and since they’re smaller I didn’t combine all three veggies on one piece of Naan but you can certainly do that if you like. The combo of veggies is delicious!
I had leftover pesto, veggies and burrata so I tossed them up with some pasta for another tasty option. That’s was really, really good too!Print
Pesto Flatbreads with Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms & Artichokes
- Store bought Naan (Individual size or larger ones)
- 1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 8oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted
- 1 8oz. pkg. sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Meyer Lemon Basil Pesto or Pesto
- 1 ball Burrata (or sub fresh mozzarella)
- Olive oil, salt & pepper to drizzle over veggies prior to cooking
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Toss trimmed asparagus and artichoke hearts with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast in oven about 8 minutes or grill on grill pan. Set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until soft and browned. Set aside.
- Top each piece of naan with some pesto, some torn pieces of burrata or mozzarella and vegetables of choice.
- Cook on pizza screen for about 4-5 minutes, until warm and cheese begins to melt.