Spicy Rosemary Grapefruit Martini
- 2 shots vodka (try Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit)
- 1 shot fresh squeezed red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 shot rosemary-chili simple syrup (add more to your taste if needed)
For the simple syrup
- 2/3 C. water
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary (remove from stem and roughly chop)
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes (or try some fresh jalapeño if you like)
- Make simple syrup by combining simple syrup ingredients in small sauce pan and bring to boil. Continue to boil a couple minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Strain and chill.
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice combine vodka, grapefruit juice and simple syrup. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with sprig of rosemary or slice of grapefruit, if desired.