Looking for something different to do with your sweet potatoes? You might want to give these Sweet Potato Noodles with Pancetta, Pecans & Craisins a try. They’re crazy good…and much more fun (and healthier) than the typical sweet potato casserole loaded with butter, sugar and marshmallows!
This dish is really simple to make and has some awesome flavor to it! First off, let me just say (again) how much I am in love with this Maple Mustard Vinaigrette. It’s such a fantastic vinaigrette on vegetables. I use it frequently with broccoli, brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes so knew it would be perfect for these sweet potato noodles as well. To accompany the noodles I added some pancetta for a little meaty saltiness and dried cranberries for some sweetness. Frankly, sweet potatoes and cranberries just seem to go together…probably because it reminds me of Thanksgiving! For a little extra crunch and texture I added some chopped pecans…again, it just seems to go with sweet potatoes.
I got the pancetta started sautéing in a large skillet, then I added the sweet potato noodles and stirred it around to combine and cook. Once the sweet potatoes were at a consistency I wanted (a little al’ dente, but you can cook them to whatever texture you want) I put them in a serving bowl, drizzled a fair amount of the vinaigrette over them, then tossed on some dried cranberries and chopped pecans. I used toasted pecans, but if you want to add some candied pecans go right ahead. If you want a little more color, add some sliced scallions.
Sweet potatoes lend themselves quite nicely to the spiral slicer (affiliate link) and I really like turning them into “noodles”. Actually, I like turning all sorts of veggies into noodles! I even spiralized apples for a Waldorf Salad. For these Sweet Potato Noodles with Pancetta, Pecans & Craisins I used the smaller blade, but I think the bigger size would work equally well. You could also use a mandoline to make the “noodles”. Last but not least, if you don’t have either…I suppose you could just dice the sweet potatoes…but what fun would that be?Print
Sweet Potato Noodles with Pancetta, Pecans & Craisins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 C. diced pancetta
- 1/4 C. dried cranberries
- 1/4 C. toasted pecans, chopped
- Maple Dijon Vinaigrette (use amount to your personal preference)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Slice sweet potatoes into noodles with spiral slicer or mandolin. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Sautee pancetta. When it starts to cook and release some fat, add sweet potato noodles. Stir well to combine and continue cooking until pancetta is cooked and sweet potatoes are al dente. Remove from heat.
- Add dried cranberries, pecans and vinaigrette to taste.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- *Feel free to add more or less pecans and cranberries to your liking!