- 2 shots tequila
- 4 shots fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 shot grenadine
For the homemade grenadine
- 1 C. 100% pomegranate juice (I use POM)
- 1/4–1/2 C. sugar (use more if you want a sweeter grenadine, lesser amount if not)
Make the Grenadine
- In small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes until liquid is reduced and thickened a bit. Set aside to cool, store in refrigerator.
Make the Cocktail
- In cocktail shaker, combine tequila and orange juice. Pour in tall glass filled with ice.
- Slowly pour in grenadine and let it settle to bottom for a layered look. Or stir to combine if desired.