Tortellini with Asparagus, Basil & Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb. pkg. fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 4 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (can use some zest too if you’d like)
- Splash white wine (about 2 tbls.)
- 1/4 C. chopped, fresh basil
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Trim tough ends off asparagus and throw away, then cut trimmed spears into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Bring water to boil in large pot, then add tortellini and asparagus. Cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and return tortellini and asparagus to pot.
- Add butter (the heat will melt it), olive oil, lemon juice (and some zest if you’d like), white wine, and basil. Stir to combine. Add Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.