Aphrodite, the goddess of love, beauty and pleasure. This Aphrodite Martini is a most appropriately named cocktail for this Valentine’s Day don’t you think? And look at the vibrant red color. Beautiful!
This drink is quite simple, and if you’ve made any of the martinis on this site, you might already have the booze needed. This martini has orange and peach vodka, Grenadine, lemon juice, and raspberry puree. The original recipe was a bit tart for my tastebuds so I added a bit of simple syrup. As an alternative, I think this drink would be really good served in a tall glass over ice and topped off with club soda.
I found this recipe in a cute little cocktail book my dear friend Lori gave me. The book, “The Cocktail, 200 Fabulous Drinks” is by Jane Rocca with beautiful, whimsical drawings by Kat Macleod. I’m sure I will be making many more cocktails from this book in the future!
- 1 oz. orange vodka
- 1½ oz. peach vodka
- 1 oz. Grenadine
- 1 oz. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 oz. raspberry puree
- (optional) ½ oz. simple syrup
- To make raspberry puree, just puree fresh or frozen (defrosted) raspberries until smooth. Strain through mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon, if desired.
- Note: For a change, try serving in a tall glass over ice and topped off with club soda!