Breakfast Hash with Chorizo & Eggs
- 4 C. diced red potatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- couple shakes of salt & pepper
- Oil for cooking
- 1 pkg. chorizo
- eggs – 1 or 2 per person, depending on how many eggs each person wants
- Garnish: Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro
- Dice potatoes into chunks. I quartered them, then cut the quarters in half, so I got 8 chunks per potato. Cut onion and orange bell pepper into similar sized pieces. Heat skillet and add some oil to cook the potatoes, onions and peppers. I like to cover the potatoes while they cook and continue to stir occasionally so they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile, brown/cook chorizo in pan, then add to potatoes. When ready to serve, add potato/chorizo mixture to plate and top with fried egg. Garnish with shredded cheese, sliced green onion and some chopped cilantro.
For the scrambled egg version:
- Mix a couple eggs together in a bowl as you normally would for scrambled eggs. Add to skillet with potatoes and chorizo and cook, stirring, until eggs are cooked. Then garnish as noted above.