It’s almost Trick or ‘Tini time! I think this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Martini makes perfect sense for today. If you love Reese’s peanut butter cups, you’ll love this martini. Guaranteed.
This martini came about one day when my resident drink taste tester, Joyce, was over and another friend dropped off some peanut butter buttercream icing (she knows we’re suckers for buttercream icing!). We both thought, hummm… it might be good in a cocktail! Isn’t that what any normal person would think when they’re given some peanut butter icing? So why not give it a try?
Well, sorry to say it wasn’t all that great. So I decided to make a peanut butter simple syrup instead and that turned out to be the key to pulling this cocktail together. One sip and I think you’ll agree it tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
Now you can keep your hands out of your kids Halloween candy and whip yourself up a little adult indulgence with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Martini!Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Martini
For the martini
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Godiva liqueur
- 1/2 oz. white Cream de Cacao
- 1 oz. peanut butter simple syrup
- Garnish: Reese’s peanut butter cup
For the simple syrup
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. water
- 1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
- Make the simple syrup by combing sugar, water and peanut butter in small saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce and simmer a few minutes. Set aside and let cool. Store in refrigerator.
- For the martini, combine ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain in a chilled martini glass. Garnish with Reeses peanut butter cup.