Ginger Beer Float with Vanilla Bourbon Ice Cream
For the Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2 vanilla bean pods, slit open and scrape seeds (save pods for other use)
- 2 C. heavy cream
- 1 C. milk
- 1/2 C. bourbon (use 1/4 C if you want a firmer ice cream)
For the Float
- 1 bottle of your favorite Ginger Beer
- To make ice cream, whisk eggs in bowl until thick and frothy. Slowly add sugar, whisking to combine. Continue whisking until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla bean, and whisk in cream, milk and bourbon. Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Let ice cream freeze in freezer for several hours or overnight.
- To make a ginger beer float, put scoops of ice cream in glass. Top with your favorite ginger beer.