Greek Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed if needed (I used the thin French green beans from Costco)
- 1/4 C. sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 C. sliced sun dried tomatoes (I used oil packed)
- 1/4 C. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 C. toasted pine nuts
- 1–2 Tbls. small diced red onion
- handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 C. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lg. garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Make the vinaigrette: In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients, except olive oil and whisk to combine. Slowly add olive oil while continuing to whisk until vinaigrette is emulsified. Adjust seasonings as necessary and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with some water and ice and set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add green beans and blanch a couple minutes until beans are bright green. If you want your beans more cooked and less crisp, just cook them a little longer until they’re the texture you prefer. Drain, then add beans to bowl with ice water to stop the cooking. Once cooled, drain beans and return to bowl.
- Add vinaigrette to the beans along with olives and sun dried tomatoes. Set in refrigerator for about an hour to chill. You could continue and eat them without chilling if desired.
- To serve, toss green beans with feta cheese, pine nuts, red onion and dill. Or you can lay the beans on a platter and top the beans with the cheese, pine nuts, onion and dill.