Here’s some fantastic Spicy Sweet Potato Nachos that are so easy to toss together for a great snack while watching your favorite football team play this weekend!
The nice thing about this recipe is that it’s not really a recipe…just add all the good things you like to put on your nachos. I replaced the traditional tortilla chips with waffle cut sweet potato fries and cooked them up really crisp. Today I used a little shredded Mexican cheese blend to hold the sweet potato fries together and added some crumbled Queso Fresco as well. Add as much or as little cheese as you like! Then return it to the oven to melt the cheese, remove from oven and top it all off with guacamole, tomatoes, black beans, Mexican crema, chopped cilantro and several shakes of hot sauce.
Next time you’re hankering for some nachos, why not try something different with these Spicy Sweet Potato Nachos? I think you’ll be happy you did!Print
Spicy Sweet Potato Nachos
- 1/2 20oz. bag frozen waffle cut sweet potato fries – cooked crispy
- 1/4 C. shredded Mexican cheese blend (add more cheese if you want them cheesy!)
- 1/4 C. crumbled Queso Fresco cheese
- 1/4 C. black beans – rinsed if using canned
- Handful of colorful grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 C. Guacamole (or more)
- Mexican Crema – drizzle to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Dang! Hot Sauce – use your favorite flavor and as much as your taste buds can handle!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay sweet potato fries in single layer on baking sheet and cook according to package directions.
- Sprinkle on cheeses and black beans and return to oven to melt cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, guacamole, Mexican crema, chopped cilantro. Sprinkle desired amount of hot sauce on top. Enjoy!