It’s Day 9 of 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails! Today I have a almond/orange flavored Christmas Cookie Martini to share.
Originally I planned to make a sugar cookie martini. Instead, I came up with this martini, inspired by a cookie I made recently for a cookie roundup with The Bitten Word (check out their site…tons of holiday cookie recipes). My assigned cookie was a Pignoli Cookie and I loved the almond/orange flavor of the cookie, just wasn’t that thrilled with the outcome of the cookie itself. So I thought, why not turn that wonderful flavor profile into a martini!
Here’s the cookies… pretty though, aren’t they?
On a side note, I have a confession to make. I seem to be having a lot of “senior moments” lately. Take this drink picture for example. You may wonder why, if this martini is inspired by a Pignoli cookie, that I have it garnished with a sugar cookie???? Well, simply because I completely forgot I had the Pignoli cookies in the freezer and had sugar cookie martini on the brain when I went to shoot the photos! I wish I planned better when it comes to taking photos. Or be a master of photoshop. Sadly, I’m neither. Let’s just pretend the sugar cookies are almond/orange flavored cookies. Yeah, that works for me. Besides, I really didn’t even taste the pine nuts much in the Pignoli cookie anyways.
Okay back to this drink. I bought a container of Baileys Sweet Italian Biscotti coffee creamer last week thinking I might be able to use it in a martini (oh crap! Maybe I should have a biscotti in the picture too?). I know it may sound weird, but flavored coffee creamers work well in martinis. I used one last year in a Peppermint Mocha-tini that my girlfriends and I loved. For this Christmas Cookie Martini I started with vodka, then added a bit of the creamer, some almond liqueur and orange liqueur. To lighten the drink a bit I added a shot of club soda. I’ve been doing that lately with these sweet, creamy drinks and like the result.
Maybe I should have called this a White Christmas Cookie Martini since it’s a white drink? Doesn’t matter what it’s called, it will remind you of a delicious Christmas cookie! And since I’m not baking any more cookies this year, I’ll drink this instead!
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot Baileys Sweet Italian Biscotti Coffee Creamer
- 1 shot almond liqueur
- ¼ shot Cointreau (or use triple sec, but I love Cointreau)
- 1 shot club soda
- Garnish: Orange peel, cookie
- Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a cookie and orange peel, if desired.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)