I’ve been working on a mango or peach martini but haven’t perfected it to my liking yet so instead today I’ll share with you another one of my old standbys. The Lemon Drop Martini.
My second favorite martini, after my “Ju-tini” (a pomegranate martini), is probably the Lemon Drop. I tend to trade off between the Ju-tini and the Lemon Drop depending on if I have fresh lemons or Pom Pomegranate juice. This is the cocktail I typically drink when I’m with my mom. She makes killer lemon drops!
I like to make my Lemon Drop martini with a bit of Limoncello. It kicks it up a notch and makes it extra special. Sometimes I’ve even been known to add a splash of pomegranate or cranberry juice to make a pink lemon drop, kind of like pink lemonade. I betcha a little strawberry puree would be tasty added to this as well!
For the alcohol part of the drink, it’s basically two parts vodka to one part Triple Sec (or Cointreau) and one half part Limoncello (although you can use a little more Limoncello if you’d like). Then just juice a lemon and add some simple syrup to taste and your good to go. I found this combination makes the best Lemon Drop Martini. Cheers!Print
Lemon Drop Martini
- Yield: 1 Judy-sized martini, or two smaller ones 1x
- 2 shots Vodka (could even use citron vodka if you want)
- 1 shot Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1/2 shot (or a little more if you like) Limoncello
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Simple Syrup to taste – about 1/2 shot, depending on how tart or sweet you prefer your drink*
- Put all ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice and shake well, then strain into chilled martini glass. If you want to be really fancy you can rim the glass with sugar. Just rub the leftover lemon after you juiced it around the rim and dip the rim in sugar.
- *To make Simple Syrup just add a cup of sugar and a cup of water into saucepan and and bring to a boil while stirring. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool. Store in refrigerator.