Don’t you just love to eat food on a stick? Pretty much anything skewered and cooked on the grill gets an A+ in my book. So last week I decided to make this Chicken Satay that I really love. It’s very simple to make and full of flavor. Served with peanut sauce for dipping, it’s a natural combination of two of my favorite things.
Typically in Thai restaurants you will be served a cucumber type relish with Chicken Satay. The coolness of the cucumber paired with the sweet tang of the vinaigrette plays nicely off the spicy peanut sauce. Check out my Thai Cucumber Salad and Peanut Sauce recipes to accompany these Chicken Satay skewers …it’s really fantastic!Print
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Combine coconut milk, curry, coriander, sugar, and salt in bowl.
- Slice chicken (I like to pound my chicken a bit with a mallet to flatten them so they’re an even thickness), add to marinade and place in refrigerator a couple hours for best flavor*
- Thread chicken on skewers and cook on grill or in the broiler until chicken is cooked through (cooking time will depend on how thick the chicken pieces are).
- Serve with peanut sauce for dipping and a side of cucumber salad.
- *I’ve made this before with only marinating the chicken for about a half hour and it’s still fantastic!