I have one more sweet potato recipe for you today. These roasted SAVORY SWEET POTATO STACKS are such a beautiful unique way to serve sweet potatoes not only during the holidays, but any time of the year. I made these layered stacks with a variety of three sweet potatoes for a colorful, delicious presentation!
Using a mandolin to get thin slices of the sweet potatoes makes this recipe a snap. If you don’t have one, you can still make these savory sweet potato stacks, just use a sharp knife and try to slice consistent thin slices. It will take a bit more time and effort but well worth it! I love ALL sweet potatoes but I tend to prefer them prepared with a savory or spicy spin vs sweetened. Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorites and for another non-sweet version be sure to check out Layered Sweet Potato Toast Stacks and Spicy Sweet Potato Nachos.
While three colors of potatoes are pretty in these savory sweet potato stacks, feel free to substitute all one variety of sweet potato if you prefer… or mix it up with some Yukon gold potatoes. Anything goes! I tried a sweet version as well which were delicious. Just substitute the rosemary with a little brown sugar and cinnamon, perhaps top with a marshmallow at the end of baking if you like. YUMMY!Print
Savory Sweet Potato Stacks
Savory Sweet Potato Stacks are thinly sliced and layered sweet potatoes roasted with olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. They make an impressive side dish!
- 1 small Orange sweet potato
- 1 small yellow sweet potato
- 1 small purple sweet potato
- 4 Tbls.Butter, melted
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- handful Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes and place in large bowl. Coat potatoes evenly with butter/olive oil, rosemary and salt & pepper. You can add some garlic if you’d like or swap the rosemary with thyme.
- On rimmed baking sheet, layer sweet potatoes in stacks about 3 inches tall. Secure stacks with toothpick (they will topple over otherwise when baking)
- Bake in oven about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Time will vary depending on how tall your stacks are and how thick the potatoes are sliced.