I may not be creating a lot of new cocktails this summer but I sure am having fun making a lot of ice cream, popsicles and boozy pops like these Watermelon Margarita Popsicles!
I bought a small watermelon with the intent of just having it around to eat. But then I had a lightbulb moment… I love, love, love the Strawberry Basil Martini Popsicles I recently made so what the heck, let’s turn my favorite Watermelon Margaritas into popsicles too! After all, I certainly haven’t kept up with my Martini Madness this summer. Oh well, that’s the breaks!
I used half of the small watermelon, cut it up in chunks which gave me almost 5 cups of watermelon chunks. Then I blended the watermelon chunks in the food processor and added some tequila, Cointreau, mint simple syrup, and lime juice. Poured the mixture into popsicle molds like these (affiliate link) and let them sit in the freezer until frozen. So simple. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze!
- 4-5 C. diced watermelon, seedless (about ½ small watermelon)
- ¼ C. tequila
- 2 Tbls. Cointreau (or Triple Sec)
- 3 Tbls. mint simple syrup (read about making flavored simple syrup here)
- 1 Tbls. lime juice
- Puree watermelon in food processor or blender. Add tequila, Cointreau, simple syrup and lime juice. Taste and add more simple syrup or lime if needed.
- Pour into popsicle mold, Insert sticks and freeze until frozen.
Let me know if you make these Watermelon Margarita Popsicles. Take a pic and tag me @imboredletsgo on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos!