Next installment in the summer of frozen treats is this Strawberry Limoncello Frozen Yogurt with Lemon Curd. I haven’t done a frozen yogurt yet so it’s time my friends. If you like strawberry lemonade and ice cream you’re gonna love this. It reminds me of a kicked up strawberry lemonade ice cream float!
The frozen yogurt is made with sweet, juicy strawberries and homemade limoncello. I amped up the lemon flavor with a yummy lemon curd swirled throughout. The tangy yogurt, tart yet sweet lemon and luscious strawberries come together in one incredible frozen treat!
This Strawberry Limoncello Frozen Yogurt with Lemon Curd freezes pretty firm so I recommend letting it sit out about 10-15 minutes until it’s scoopable. Next time I think I’ll try pouring into popsicle molds then I wouldn’t have to wait at all to eat one!Print
Strawberry Limoncello Frozen Yogurt with Lemon Curd
- 1 lb. container fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- juice from 1/2 lemon (use zest too)
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1 32 oz. container plain greek yogurt (don’t use fat free)
- 1/4 C. Limoncello
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C. lemon curd (I used store bought)
- Remove tops from strawberries and slice. Add to a bowl with lemon juice and sugar. Let strawberries macerate for about an hour.
- In blender or food processor, blend strawberries (and all the juice). Add yogurt, cream, Limoncello, vanilla and blend again to combine.
- Set mixture in refrigerator to chill until ready to churn in your ice cream maker.
- Freeze yogurt mixture in ice cream machine according to manufacturers instructions. Once churned, pour frozen yogurt into container and swirl in the lemon curd. If your lemon curd is a bit stiff, add a little water to it and thin it out a bit to make it easier to swirl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
I added half of the lemon curd to the mixture churning during the last two minutes and the remaining half I swirled in after putting it in the containers.