Basil Lime Martini
- 2 C. Water
- 2 C. Sugar
- 2 C. packed Basil leaves
- 1 750ml bottle good quality Vodka (or about 3 1/4 cups if measuring from a larger bottle)
- 1 1/4 C. fresh squeezed Lime juice
- In saucepan mix water and sugar. Bring to boil making sure sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat and add basil leaves to syrup and muddle. Set aside and let it cool.
- Meanwhile place freshly squeezed lime juice and vodka in a freezable container.
- Strain syrup and add to lime/vodka mixture. Mix well and place in freezer. Ready to drink in several hours.