For all you bacon lovers out there, this recipe is for you! BOURBON BACON JAM is excellent on all sorts of tasty treats. Try it on a sandwich or burger. Or, like we did today, just spread it on some crackers for a little appetizer with our cocktails. I love making this as an addition to my charcuterie tray when entertaining. It’s a delicious appetizer that everyone loves!
Gather your ingredients and let’s get cooking!Print
Bourbon Bacon Jam
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 lb. thick sliced bacon, large diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C. coffee
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- 1/4 C. bourbon
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped*
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until it starts to get crispy (don’t overcook it). Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Drain fat but leave about 1-2 Tbls. in pan.
- Add onions and sauté until softened. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add cider vinegar and stir to deglaze the pan. Stir in remaining ingredients, lower heat and simmer an hour or so until thickened to syrup consistency.
- Lightly process in food processor to desired texture (don’t make it too smooth!)
* Buy a can of Chipotle Chiles in Adobo and puree them in a blender. Drop a spoonful of blended chiles on a cookie sheet and freeze. When a recipe calls for chipotle chiles, grab one frozen chile ball from the freezer and thaw for the recipe. Works perfectly!