This Creamy Cheesecake with Berry Sauce is one of my favorite homemade desserts. I’ve been making it for many years and it never disappoints!
Let me start this off by saying I’m not typically a big cheesecake fan. It’s the easiest dessert for me to pass up. But this creamy cheesecake with berry sauce is one I can’t pass up! I. LOVE. IT. My mom gave me the recipe years ago. This cheesecake has a different texture than what you might expect from a cheesecake. It is not thick and dense like the cheesecakes commonly found on the dessert menus at restaurants. The texture of this cheesecake is creamy, lighter and silky smooth. Just the way I like it.
The crust is simple, nothing fancy, just crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter. You could even use a ready made crust from the grocery store if you prefer. Or if you’re really daring, try gingersnaps or chocolate graham crackers! I’ve made this crust with walnuts added while processing the graham crackers in the food processor and that’s really good too! To finish it off I make a simple berry sauce to top each serving. Enjoy!
Creamy Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
For the cheesecake:
- 2 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2 Tbls. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 C. sour cream
- 3 1/2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 Tbls. vanilla
For the crust:
- 2 pkgs. graham crackers (the wrapped packages inside the box, not 2 boxes)
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
For the berry sauce:
- 1 container strawberries
- 1 container blueberries
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the crust:
- Add graham crackers to food processor and process until crumbled. Add sugar to crumbs. Then slowly add melted butter while processing to combine ingredients. Spray pie pan with Pam and evenly add crumbs to pie pan. Press to form crust. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while you make cheesecake filling.
- For the cheesecake:
- Blend cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 C. sugar, 2 Tbls. vanilla, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Pour into graham cracker crust. Bake 15-20 minutes until center is set. Let stand out of oven 5-8 minutes while you make the topping.
- To make the topping, blend together sour cream, 3 1/2 Tbls. sugar, and 1 Tbls. vanilla in small bowl and spread evenly on top of cheesecake. Bake additional 10-15 minutes. Remove and let cool. Keep cheesecake refrigerated.
- For the Berry Sauce:
- Cut up strawberries into chunks and add to bowl. Add blueberries (can use frozen) and sugar and stir to combine. Let berries sit in sugar to get juicy. Sometimes if the strawberries are not very ripe I’ll cook the berries briefly in a saucepan with the blueberries.
- To serve, top each slice with a spoonful of the sweetened berries or your preferred fruit topping.