Scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, hash browns, and of course cheese, are all packed inside crispy corn tortillas in these Crispy Breakfast Tacos.
To make these crispy breakfast tacos vegan/plant based, simply substitute the eggs with Just Egg or your favorite vegan egg scramble (tofu?), swap out the breakfast sausage for your favorite vegan breakfast sausage along with your favorite plant based cheese. Put them in corn tortillas and bake till crispy in the oven. Of course, a little avocado, sour cream and salsa make a nice topping if you choose!
Try these Crispy Breakfast Tacos for something a little different one morning and your family will surely be pleased!Print
Crispy Breakfast Tacos
- 8 corn tortillas
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 6 breakfast sausage patties, crumbled
- 1 1/2 C. shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2 C. grated cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Diced avocado (or guacamole)
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook hash browns according to package directions, set aside. I used these and had extra!
- Cook the crumbled breakfast sausage in a non stick skillet (use a little oil if needed). Remove from pan.
- Add the butter to the same pan and let it melt. Cook the scrambled eggs and just prior to being cooked to your preferred doneness, stir in the cooked sausage. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- Wrap tortillas in damp kitchen towel or place in tortilla warmer with a little sprinkle of water. Warm tortillas in microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
- Add some cheese to one side of each tortilla. Top with a little scrambled egg/sausage mixture, hash browns and more cheese (I like to have cheese on both sides to hold it together). Fold tortillas over your layers and place on oiled baking sheet. Brush the top side of tortillas with additional oil (you could use butter if you like).
- Bake about 10 minutes or so until tortillas are crispy, everything is hot and cheese is melted.
- Top each crispy breakfast taco with desired toppings.