Hope everyone’s enjoying the Holidays! In case you still have some egg nog laying around, or, if not go buy another carton before its gone from the grocery store shelves and make this yummy Egg Nog Bundt Cake!
While I hate the cold and would rather be hanging out on a beach somewhere winter’s not all bad. The first snowstorm is fun. The third, fourth, fifth…not so much. You get to eat and drink yummy seasonal things in winter during the holidays like peppermint bark (martini form counts as well) and egg nog. I just love egg nog, I even made an Egg Nog Martini a couple weeks ago. It’s so thick and creamy and there’s so lots of delicious things to make with it besides just drinking it. Egg nog fudge. Yum. Egg nog french toast. Yes please. Egg nog cake. Here you go!
This Egg Nog bundt cake turned out super moist and tasty. We all loved it! A delicious cake for the Holidays!Print
Egg Nog Bundt Cake
- 1 15.25oz. box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz. box French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 C egg nog
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C water
For the Pan Coating:
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- egg nog, enough to get a nice consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly to coat bundt pan. Shake off excess and save it for later. Set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding, nutmeg; stir to combine, then add egg nog, sour cream, eggs, oil, water and blend until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle leftover cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cake rest on cake rack in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and some egg nog to make a glaze.
- Turn out cake onto cooling rack, drizzle glaze over top and grate some fresh nutmeg on top, if desired.
I’ve made this cake before with instant white chocolate pudding… tasty as well!