Flavored Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- For herb infused add:
- Handful of herbs of your choice: basil, rosemary, thyme, mint, tarragon, etc.
- For fruit infused add:
- 1 Cup fruit of your choice: blackberries, rhubarb, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
For herb infused:
- Add desired herbs and let steep in syrup until cool, then strain and store in refrigerator.
For fruit infused:
- Add fruit to sugar/water and lower heat to simmer for about 10 minutes until fruit breaks down and gets mushy. Then strain and store in refrigerator. (if your fruit is pretty sweet already you can cut back on the amount of sugar added)