Now here’s a great way to enjoy some limoncello after dinner. Or, don’t wait for dinner to be over, enjoy these Limoncello Pudding Popsicles any time you want a delicious treat. They’re so yummy, creamy and lemony!
Instead of an icy popsicle, these Limoncello Pudding Popsicles are creamy, like a fudgsicle. They’re made with lemon instant pudding mix, milk, cream and limoncello. I chose to use cream to replace some of the milk to make them extra creamy, but if you want to cut back on the fat calories go ahead and use milk, they’ll be just as delicious. And remember, when you add alcohol to frozen desserts they don’t freeze as hard so you have to be careful not to add too much alcohol. The first time I made these I used 1/2 cup of my homemade Limoncello, and they were a bit soft, second time around I reduced the amount to 1/3 cup. I also thought they needed a bit more zing so the second batch I added some lemon zest and a 1/2 tsp. lemon extract. They were oh so yummy! You may wonder why I didn’t just use the juice from that zested lemon instead of lemon extract and I don’t know why. It’s just what I did. If you try it with the juice, let me know how it tastes!Print
Limoncello Pudding Popsicles
- 1 3.9 oz. box lemon pudding (I used instant but you could use the cooked version too)
- 1 C. whole milk
- 1 C. heavy cream
- 1/3 C. Limoncello
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract (or try it with the juice from the lemon)
- Combine pudding mix, milk and cream in bowl and whisk for 2 minutes for instant pudding. If you’re using pudding mix that needs to be cooked, cook it according to the package directions.
- Add limoncello, lemon zest and lemon extract and whisk to combine.
- Pour pudding mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until frozen.