Low Carb Pizza Crust (“Oopsie” Bread)
For the Crust:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chopped, dried chives, oregano, basil or other spice of your choice
- Sauce – pesto or fresh tomato basil is good
- Mozzarella cheese (I also like goat cheese on these pizzas)
- toppings of your choice – cooked shrimp, chicken, pepperoni, sausage, canadian bacon, olives, whatever you like on your pizza!
To make Crust:
- Preheat oven to 300. Prepare cookie sheet for baking by either spraying with Pam or using parchment paper. Separate egg whites and yolks.
- In one bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar on high until very stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat to combine egg yolks with cream cheese (cold from the fridge is fine, don’t worry about bringing it to room temp), garlic powder and other desired spices.
- Very gently fold egg whites into egg yolks, being careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Place 6 dollops of batter on prepared cookies sheet and smooth out to about 1/2 inch thick. Bake about 25 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
To make the pizza:
- Spread sauce on crust, top with mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings. Pop in oven and cook until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.