The first time I made this Quick and Easy Peach Dessert came as the result of craving a nice big piece of warm peach pie with ice cream. Or peach cobbler. Or peach crisp. I didn’t care what, I just wanted the warm peach/ice cream combo. I had a very ripe peach that needed to be eaten but not enough to make any of the desserts I was craving.
It was time to just make something up. I cut up the peach and microwaved it for 30 seconds (to get the warm peach I wanted) topped it with a crushed up granola bar and put a squirt of canned whipped cream on top. To my surprise it was freaking awesome! And totally satisfied my craving for peach pie. Or peach cobbler. Or peach crisp. It was so good in fact, that I bought more peaches and when they were nice and ripe I made it again. This time I decided to drizzle a bit of almond liqueur over the peaches before zapping them in the microwave. I topped it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of whipped cream. Loved it!
So here you go…a quick and easy peach dessert that will satisfy that peach craving you may be having. HURRY, make it now before the peaches are gone!Print
Quick and Easy Peach Dessert
- 1 peach, diced (remove skin if desired)
- 1 Tbls. almond liqueur (optional)
- 1 granola bar, crushed (or your favorite granola)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Drizzle honey on top, if desired
- Remove skin from peach (if desired) and cut up into chunks. Put in microwave safe bowl and drizzle almond liqueur over peaches. Microwave for 30 seconds to warm up peaches. Top peaches with granola, then a scoop of ice cream and a bit more granola, and finish with a drizzle of honey, if desired.