Picture this… fresh, crisp, sweet corn kernels that pop in your mouth. Red, ripe juicy tomatoes. Delicious basil pesto. Are your taste buds excited? This Shrimp Corn Tomato Salad with Pesto has it all!
Corn and tomatoes are a couple of my absolute favorite summertime veggies. Even though you can get corn and tomatoes year round, it’s just not quite the same as in the summer fresh from the farmers market. I also happen to love, love, love pesto and make a lot of it in the summer when there’s so much beautiful basil around. So today I combined a few of my favorite things into a healthy, delicious Shrimp Corn Tomato Salad with Pesto.
Grill the corn and shrimp on the BBQ or slice the kernels of corn off the cob and roast them in the oven with the shrimp. You could even just throw the corn cobs and shrimp in a pot of boiling water to cook them if you want to do it that way. Once the corn and shrimp were cooked I tossed them in a bowl with some pesto sauce and let it cool to room temperature. Then I added some diced tomatoes and that was it! 4 ingredients. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
This Shrimp Corn Tomato Salad with Pesto is so simple and incredibly yummy! Perfect blend of summertime favorite veggies. What are some of your favorite summertime veggies?Print
Shrimp, Corn and Tomato Salad with Pesto
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled, deviened
- 6 ears of corn on the cob
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 large, juicy ripe tomatoes (or use grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 C. pesto
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees if using oven, or heat up grill.
- For oven: Slice kernels of corn off the cob. Place on baking sheet. Toss with 1 tbls. olive oil and a little salt & pepper. Put shrimp on another baking sheet and toss with 1 tbls. olive oil and a little salt & pepper. Roast corn and shrimp until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes (stir halfway through cooking). For BBQ grill: drizzle olive oil, salt & pepper over corn and shrimp. Grill until cooked.
- Put corn kernels and shrimp in large serving bowl.
- Toss with pesto and let cool to room temperature.
- Add diced tomatoes, stir to combine and serve.
If you don’t want to roast the corn and shrimp in the oven, you can grill them on a BBQ or grill pan, or cook them in a pot of boiling water.