Smashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- 1.5 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/2 C. crumbled blue cheese
- 1–2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring big pot of water to boil and add whole potatoes. Boil until tender, about 15 minutes or so. Drain potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling, cook bacon in skillet. Remove bacon to drain, then dice or crumble bacon. Reserve bacon grease.
- Grease baking sheet with some bacon grease. Place potatoes on baking sheet. With the bottom of a glass, smash potatoes.
- Brush potatoes with more bacon grease. You can lightly salt the potatoes if desired.
- Roast potatoes in oven until they get crispy and golden to your liking (about 15 minutes or so).
- Remove from oven. Top with blue cheese and bacon. Return to oven to melt the cheese. Remove and garnish with sliced green onions.