Thanksgiving Favorite: Spinach, Mushrooms & Cheese Casserole
- 3 10oz. boxes frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 8oz. boxes mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tbls. butter, divided
- 1/2 C. finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (or you can use some garlic powder)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 C. cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to saute pan and saute mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms soften and release their water, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Squeeze excess water out of spinach and add to large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons melted butter, onions, couple shakes of salt & pepper to taste, and mix well.
- In small, high walled casserole dish (1.5-2 quart size is good), layer half spinach mixture, mushrooms, half cheese, remaining spinach, then remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted.