It’s officially Spring and that means it’s the best season for fresh asparagus! This Tortellini with Asparagus, Basil & Parmesan Cheese is a really simple, really tasty dish to throw together in a snap. It’s a one pot meal and only takes minutes to make. Perfect for a quick dinner on a busy weeknight or, like me, for lunch!
For this dish I used a package of fresh cheese tortellini. What’s perfect about using fresh pasta is that it only takes a couple minutes to cook which is the same amount of time needed to blanch the asparagus. While the water is coming to a boil in the pasta pot, trim the asparagus so it’s ready to add with the tortellini. Once the water has come to a boil, simply toss them both in the pot at the same time and two minutes later it’s done. Then drain and return the tortellini and asparagus back to the pot. Combine with a little butter, olive oil, splash of white wine, lemon juice, fresh chopped basil and shredded parmesan cheese. That’s it. So simple and so freakin’ good I couldn’t stop eating it!
Tortellini with Asparagus, Basil & Parmesan Cheese is a wonderfully light, springtime dish I’m sure you’ll love.Print
Tortellini with Asparagus, Basil & Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb. pkg. fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 4 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (can use some zest too if you’d like)
- Splash white wine (about 2 tbls.)
- 1/4 C. chopped, fresh basil
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Trim tough ends off asparagus and throw away, then cut trimmed spears into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Bring water to boil in large pot, then add tortellini and asparagus. Cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and return tortellini and asparagus to pot.
- Add butter (the heat will melt it), olive oil, lemon juice (and some zest if you’d like), white wine, and basil. Stir to combine. Add Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.