- 2 Apples (cored and sliced or made into spirals with a spiral slicer)
- 20 Grapes, sliced in half
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 C. candied walnuts (purchased or make your own, recipe below)
- Salad greens of your choice (I used arugula and romaine. Spinach would be good)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 C. good mayonnaise
- 2 Tbls. honey
- 2 Tbls. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- squeeze of lemon juice
- one dash cinnamon
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Lay a bed of salad greens on plate or salad bowl. Top with either apple slices or spiraled apples, some grapes, celery and candied walnuts. Drizzle dressing over top.
- To make candied walnuts:
- Combine 1/4 C. sugar and 1 Tbls. butter in saucepan. Add 1 C. walnut halves and stir continuously while heating the butter and melting the sugar. Once the walnuts are coated with with sugary syrup, transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and separate walnuts. Once cooled. break apart.