- 1/2 seedless watermelon, diced (about 8 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, finely diced (you could use a whole pepper)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar (2 Tbls. white balsamic vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot (I used one whole shallot)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt (I used 1 tsp.)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp green Tabasco sauce
- Fresh black pepper
I also added:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Combine ingredients in large bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend ingredients to desired texture. You could use a food processor or blender to do this as well.
- Refrigerate for several hours (or overnight) to let flavors combine.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper and tobasco, if necessary.