A simple and tasty Yellow Curry Lemongrass Chicken Meatball Soup is being served up today!
I used Sabatino’s Lemongrass Chicken Meatballs that I found at Costco in this recipe today. If you use plain pre-made chicken meatballs I’d suggest using a little more garlic, minced ginger and lemongrass paste to up the flavor in this soup. With delicious yellow curry paste from Mae Ploy and non-fried ramen noodles (no seasoning packets please!) this soup comes together in a snap. Just a quick sauté of some sliced mushrooms and onion (or other veggies you may want to use up from your fridge), some chicken stock and a can of coconut milk added to a pot and your soup is about done!Print
Yellow Curry Lemongrass Chicken Meatball Soup
- l lb. pkg. Sabatinos Lemongrass Chicken Meatballs
- 2 Tbls. coconut oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2–3 Tbls. yellow curry paste
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. lemongrass paste*
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbls. coconut sugar
- 4 C. chicken stock
- 1 – 13.5oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 pkg. non-fried ramen noodles
- 2 C. baby spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- garnish with chopped basil, if desired
- In soup pot, heat coconut oil. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Saute until they start to soften.
- Add curry paste, ginger paste and lemongrass paste. Stir to combine with the veggies.
- Add pre-cooked meatballs, chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and coconut sugar and heat to low boil. Add ramen noodles and continue to cook until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach to wilt and lime juice. Serve topped with chopped basil.
*I use the ginger paste and lemongrass paste found in a container in the produce section of the market. You could use fresh ginger and lemongrass sautéed with the mushrooms, onion, and garlic, if desired.