I’m on a cucumber juice in cocktails kick lately so naturally it was time to use it in a margarita with this version of a Cucumber Jalapeño Cilantro Margarita. I LOVE THIS MARGARITA!
Peel a couple cucumbers and blend them well, then let them strain and toss out the pulp. That’s all you have to do for fresh cucumber juice! Don’t be hesitant to make fresh cucumber juice – you can always use it in a Cucumber Pineapple Mint Martini or a Cucumber Basil Martini too! Once you have the juice, it’s just a matter of muddling a slice of jalapeño and a few cilantro sprigs together, then shaking up all the margarita ingredients together and pouring it over ice – I like crushed ice myself. I didn’t salt the rim but I suppose if you like that you could.
This Cucumber Jalapeño Cilantro Margarita is my new favorite margarita. I love the freshness of the cucumber juice, the herbal notes from cilantro and the spicy kick of the jalapeño. Be careful with the jalapeño, I found one slice is plenty, you don’t want to overwhelm the entire drink. And, if you’re one of those people that hate cilantro, well, just leave it out! Although I can’t tell you what that would taste like cuz I didn’t make it that way 😉Print
Cucumber Jalapeño Cilantro Margarita
- 2 oz. white tequila (I used Patron)
- 2 oz. fresh cucumber juice*
- .5 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- .75 oz. agave syrup
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 seedless jalapeño slice
- Muddle cilantro and jalapeño in cocktail shaker with a little bit of crushed ice.
- Add tequila, cucumber juice, Cointreau, lime juice, agave syrup with ice and shake well.
- Strain into rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with cilantro, jalapeño or cucumber slice as desired.
*To make cucumber juice, just peel a couple cucumbers and puree them in a blender or food processor. Then strain over wire mesh strainer and toss out the solids. Store whatever juice you don’t use in the refrigerator, it will keep for several days.