Welcome to Day 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails. One of my very favorite treats at Christmas time is Peppermint Bark. So of course I had to make a Peppermint Bark Martini as part of this series!
I tried several different variations of this martini to try to get it the way I liked it. I was using Peppermint Schnapps and each time I felt like the peppermint was a bit too much. To me, peppermint bark is more about the white and dark chocolate with a hint of peppermint from the candy on top, not all peppermint with a hint of chocolate. So after several experiments of variations on the chocolate/peppermint theme I came up with the one I liked most.
I found rimming the glass with crushed peppermint candy was just the right amount of the peppermint flavor for me. But if you’d like a stronger peppermint flavor add a teaspoon of peppermint schnapps (or even a drop or two of peppermint extract). Since peppermint bark is layered dark chocolate and white chocolate, I used Torani (affiliate link) dark chocolate sauce in the bottom of the glass. Then I added a layer of a white chocolate flavored martini. With the peppermint rimmed glass, creamy, white chocolate booze layer and chocolate sauce I think this drink comes as close to peppermint bark in martini form as possible. If you want, use a candy cane to give the drink a stir every now and then to incorporate a bit of the chocolate sauce on the bottom.
Doesn’t this Peppermint Bark Martini look really pretty? It’s sure to get a “Wow” from your party guests and it’s not just another pretty face, it tastes really, really good too!
- 1 shot vanilla vodka
- 2 shots Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- ½ shot white cream de cocoa
- ½ shot cream or half & half (I used half & half)
- Chocolate syrup (I used Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce)
- crushed peppermint candies (or candy canes)
- Crush some peppermint candies or candy canes in a ziplock bag. Pour onto plate.
- Pour some chocolate sauce on another plate.
- Dip martini glass in chocolate sauce, then in crushed peppermint candy to rim the glass. Set aside. (can put in freezer to chill, if desired.)
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, Godiva white chocolate liqueur, cream de cocoa and half & half. Shake well.
- To serve: pour some chocolate sauce in bottom of martini glass, then slowly strain shaken cocktail ingredients into glass.