This Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon, Mint and Pine Nuts recipe was my first attempt at roasting sugar snap peas. I’ve always just eaten them raw, usually dunked into my favorite Homemade Hummus. Boy oh boy are they fantastic prepared this way!
Originally I posted this recipe several years ago. I had some sugar snap peas in the fridge and thought it was time to make this again and snap a better photo! It was just as tasty as I remembered!
I tossed the sugar snap peas in some olive oil, salt & pepper and roasted them in the oven for about 5 minutes. Once cooked al dente I tossed them with some toasted pine nuts, lemon juice (and zest) and chopped mint. They are perfect just like this, but really good with some crumbled goat cheese added! If you’re plant-based you could try it with a plant-based alternative (or just omit the cheese).
Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon, Mint & Pine Nuts is so quick and simple to prepare, delicious by itself or fantastic as a side dish to your favorite grilled meat, fish or chicken. I even think it would be delicious tossed with some pasta for a more substantial vegetarian meal…hummmm….maybe I’ll try that next time!Print
Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon, Mint & Pine Nuts
- 1 pkg. (about l lb.) sugar snap peas
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced, zested
- 1/4 C. toasted pine nuts
- handful of chopped, fresh mint
- crumbled goat cheese (optional but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss sugar snap peas with olive oil, salt & pepper and roast for about 5 minutes until they’re tender but still have some bite to them.
- Remove from oven, toss with lemon juice, zest, pine nuts and mint.
- Top each serving with some crumbled goat cheese.
My package of sugar snap peas was already cleaned and stringless. You may have to trim the stem end and peel off the stringy piece.