For some strange reason I’ve never thought to actually cook sugar snap peas. I’ve always just eaten them raw, usually dunked into my favorite Homemade Hummus. This Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon, Mint and Pine Nuts is my first attempt at roasting them. Boy oh boy are they fantastic prepared this way!
I wasn’t surprised I would love these snap peas because I love all veggies roasted in the oven. It’s my preferred method of cooking them. I tossed them in some olive oil, salt & pepper and cooked them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Then tossed them with some pine nuts, lemon juice and chopped mint. They are perfect like this, but after I photographed them and started gobbling them down I wondered how they would taste with some feta or goat cheese. I didn’t have any feta but I did have goat cheese so I added some to my dish. It was sooooo good. As the cheese warmed up it got a little melty and creamy. I liked the addition of it so much that I’m adding it to the recipe even though it’s not in the picture.
Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon, Mint & Pine Nuts (and goat cheese) is so quick and simple to prepare and would make a fantastic side dish to grilled meats. I even think it would be delicious tossed with some pasta…hummmm….maybe I’ll try that next time! Stay tuned.
- 1 pkg. (about l lb.) sugar snap peas
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ lemon juiced (you could even use the zest)
- ¼ C. toasted pine nuts
- handful of chopped, fresh mint
- Garnish: crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss sugar snap peas with olive oil, salt & pepper and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss with lemon juice, some lemon zest if you're using it, and mint.
- Top each serving with some crumbled goat cheese.