I bought a gallon of apple cider to experiment making the Apple Pie-tini and it was so good, I wondered what other cocktails I could come up with. I thought maybe I should step out of my box and try something that wasn’t vodka based. Maybe something a little different than the norm would be fun. I’ve blogged about a couple rum drinks before, but I haven’t done a tequila one yet so here you go…an Apple Margarita.
At first I thought it sounded a little weird but it’s not. After all, margaritas come in all sorts of flavors like strawberry and mango, so why not apple? In a typical margarita I like to add Grand Marnier, so for this one I just replaced it with apple liqueur. Instead of a sweet and sour mix I used apple cider and some lime juice. It all makes perfect sense…and a really good Fall margarita!Print
- 1 shot tequila (I used 1800 Reposado)
- 1 shot apple liqueur (I used Berentzen)
- 2 shots apple cider
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Optional: sugar/cinnamon to rim glass
- Combine tequila, apple liqueur, apple cider and lime juice in cocktail shaker. Shake well and pour into margarita glass (I like to add ice to my glass).
- If you want to rim the glass, mix a little sugar and cinnamon together, then wet rim of glass and dip it in the sugar mixture.