Fall is finally back in the air around here after a week of 80+ degree weather. I love Fall’s crisp, clear days and I love pulling out sweaters and boots to wear. Fall’s bounty of apples has inspired me to make another apple cocktail for your Hump Day Happy Hour today. This Apple Pie Martini will remind you of a fresh baked apple pie. And who doesn’t love apple pie?
For this Apple Pie Martini I’m using the same basic recipe as I did with the Caramel Apple-tini which was such a hit. I simply replaced the caramel syrup with some simple syrup and apple pie spices. A combination of crushed graham cracker, sugar and apple pie spice (or you could just use cinnamon) make a delicious rimmer. Garnish with a slice of apple and enjoy the fresh taste of fall in cocktail form.
Apple Pie Martini
For the Martini
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. apple cider
- 1 oz. apple liqueur (I used Berentzen)
- 2 shakes apple pie spice (I used McCormick’s Apple Pie Spice which has cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in it)
- 1/2 – 1 oz. simple syrup (adjust to your personal taste preferences)
For the Rimmer:
- 1 graham cracker, finely crushed
- 1 Tbls. sugar
- 2 shakes apple pie spice
- Combine rimmer ingredients and set aside.
- Chill martini glass. When ready to serve, wet the rim of a martini glass with lemon juice or water and dip in rimmer mixture.
- Combine vodka, cider, apple liqueur, apple pie spice, and simple syrup in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well, strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with apple slice.