I posted this recipe for roasted Brussels Sprouts & Broccoli with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette a couple years ago and decided to take some new pictures when I made it this time around. This is such a delicious way to prepare Brussels sprouts, one of my favorites. If you’re a brussels sprouts hater, you just might find out you like this recipe…afterall it has BACON!
Brussels sprouts and broccoli florets are roasted in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. It’s that easy. But what really sets this dish over the top is the fantastic maple dijon vinaigrette. I recently discovered this recipe from The Perfect Pantry and immediately I knew I had to try it.
I made a few minor changes to the recipe by using white balsamic vinegar and added some whole grain mustard to the vinaigrette. But I didn’t stop there. I thought bacon would be a nice addition to this dish. I mean really, who doesn’t love bacon? And let me tell you, it was great! You could use just brussels sprouts and no broccoli, or just broccoli and no sprouts. My mom likes to add sweet potatoes and dried cranberries. I’m thinking this is one of those whatever you like kind of vegetable dish, because I’ll say it again…it’s all about the vinaigrette! I even used this vinaigrette on green beans the next night and loved it on them too!
I made these roasted Brussels Sprouts & Broccoli with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette dish for a Thanksgiving pot luck and it was gone in a snap. I guess that means it was a hit. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much and I do!Print
Brussels Sprouts & Broccoli with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette and Bacon
- 1 16 oz. bag brussels sprouts
- 1 14 oz. bag broccoli florets (or use a head of broccoli and cut into florets)
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, diced
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbls. real maple syrup
- 2 Tbls. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbls. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbls. whole grain mustard
- 6 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim ends off brussels sprouts and slice sprouts in half. Combine sprouts and broccoli florets in bowl. Toss with olive oil to lightly coat vegetable (about 3 tablespoons). Transfer vegetables to large roasting pan (or rimmed cookie sheet) and spread out in single layer. Roast in oven for about 15 minutes until tender but not overcooked (toss vegetables half way through).
- Meanwhile, cook diced bacon, drain fat and set aside.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in small jar with lid, shake well to combine.
- To serve, toss vegetables with some vinaigrette (you won’t need it all, just use as much as you like) and diced bacon.