These spicy Gochujang Noodles with Pork or Chicken are so delicious and easily adaptable for a plant based version.
I made these noodles today not plant based for my meat eating friend. I used ground pork but you could swap out the pork for ground chicken if you like. To make this recipe plant based simply use your favorite vegan alternative. I like Impossible Brand ground alternative.
The sauce comes from one of my very favorite appetizers I’ve made here on the blog, Korean Cauliflower Bites w/Sweet & Spicy Chile Sauce. The Gochujang chili sauce is so good! I used a package of already cooked stir fry noodles. Alternatively, use ramen noodles (no spice packet please!). Then I just stirred in a handful of spinach, chopped basil and cilantro and some sliced green onion. So good!Print
Gochujang Noodles with Pork or Chicken
- 1 lb. ground pork or chicken (or your favorite vegan ground alternative)
- 2 pkgs. ramen noodles (don’t use spice packet) or use already cooked stir fry noodles
- 2 C. baby spinach
- 1/2 C. chopped basil
- 1/2 C. chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 C. Gochujang chili sauce
- 2 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. rice vinegar
- 3 Tbls. brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbls. toasted sesame oil
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in small saucepan and heat gently to warm sauce and melt brown sugar. Alternatively, heat in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Brown ground pork or chicken (or vegan alternative) in frypan or wok.
- Cook ramen noodles and drain.
- Add noodles, sauce, spinach, basil, cilantro and scallions to cooked pork or chicken. Toss well to combine and coat the noodles. If the sauce is a bit thick, add a little water to get a good consistency.