Here’s a Thai Chicken Bowl that has all the Thai flavors I love in a big bowl full of veggies, chicken, grains, and a super simple peanut sauce!
Bowl meals are perfect for combining delicious veggies from the fridge with your favorite protein on a bed rice or grains. For today’s bowl I used farro, but rice (white or brown) or quinoa would be delicious as well. The chicken in this dish is cooked with a delicious Thai inspired flavored sauce. That by itself is great, but I love a good, simple peanut sauce to drizzle on top!Print
Thai Chicken Bowl
- 1 C. rice, quinoa, farro or your favorite grain of choice
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, breast or thighs, cut in chunks
- 1 Tbls. oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot or 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 2” knob ginger, grated (or use 1–2 Tbls. minced ginger)
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the Cooking Sauce:
- 1/4 C. chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Tbls. chili garlic sauce or sambal oelek
- 1 Tbls. brown sugar (could use palm sugar)
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 Tbls. fish sauce
- 1 Tbls. cornstarch
For the Simple Peanut Sauce:
- 3 Tbls. peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced (zested, if desired)
- 1 Tbls. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sambal oelek
Bowl Toppings Choices:
- Shredded cabbage
- baby spinach
- sliced carrots
- sliced sugar snap peas
- sliced green onions
- bean sprouts
- chopped cilantro
- chopped mint
- chopped peanuts
- Cook rice, quinoa or grain of choice according to package directions, set aside.
- In small bowl combine cooking sauce ingredients, set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together peanut sauce ingredients, set aside.
- In large skillet or wok, heat oil. Add chicken, garlic, shallot (or red onion) and ginger and cook a few minutes until chicken is golden. Add cooking sauce and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken and chicken is cooked through. Taste and add salt & pepper as needed.
- To serve, place cooked rice or grain in bowl. Top with chicken, veggie toppings of your choice and drizzle with peanut sauce.